What is a Night Nurse?
Baby Nurse, Night Nanny and Newborn Care Specialist all have the same meaning…especially to new, sleep-deprived parents. The term Baby Nurse is misleading. A Baby Nurse is a medically trained infant specialist with extensive hands-on experience. She comes into the home to assist new parents with the day-to-day care of their newborn. The concept of Night Nurse began when mothers and mothers-in-law would offer their precious daughters two weeks of night care for their new grandchildren. Night Nursing has now grown from grandmothers providing care, to trained professionals giving top-notch service to new families.
How Does it Work?
A new mother needs to take good care of herself, in order to rebuild her strength. Proper rest, and good nutrition during the first few weeks are important. The weeks following the birth of your baby/babies are very important, as your body returns to normal, following labor and delivery.
At the same time, you are welcoming a new life into your world. As new parents, we tend to have very unrealistic expectations of ourselves and our new baby/babies.
- Remember they do not come with instructions.
This is why hiring Rita's Baby Nursing Service to help with this transition will be a benefit to you, your husband/partner and your baby. Rita's Baby Nursing Service will be the best decision you can make. Our proven system ensures you and your baby will sleep better and both will be more healthy.
Benefits of Hiring Rita's Baby Nursing Service
- Allow new parents the opportunity to rest at night to be better prepared to take on the huge responsibility of taking care of a newborn
- Eases the transition of living with a newborn in the home
- Helps ease the strain of subsequent children in the household
- Offers support to mothers dealing with post-partum depression
- Introduces a feeding and sleep schedule to baby and family
- Helps prepare mom and dad for weeks ahead
Once you have been discharged from the hospital one of our team members will meet you at your home with your new bundle(s) of joy. The team consists of:
- LC Consultants and Lactation Support
- Post-Partum Nurses
- NICU Nurses
- Labor and Delivery Nurses
- Newborn and Infant Care Specialists
All of the specialists can help set up a specialized routine that will effectively meet you and your baby’s needs.
Rita’s staff is trained and has extensive experience as Post -Partum and NICU Nurses and Nursery Specialist. All of our Team Members are CPR Certified, providers of Neonatal Resuscitation, have had a complete Fingerprint Background Check and are insured.
Our responsibilities as your Baby Nurse Team includes:
- Lactation Support
- Feeding Baby
- Cleaning, Sterilizing and Preparing bottles and Pumping Equipment
- Bathing Baby
- Laundering babies clothes and linen
- Keeping Nursery clean, including emptying Diaper Containers
As new parents, we will teach you how to:
- Choose Bottles and Nipples
- Diaper Changing and Selection
- Cord and Circumcision Care
- Correctly take a temperature (Rectal and Axially)
- Swaddling Techniques
- Correctly Burp Baby
- Correct Bulb Syringe use